Tuesday, June 25, 2013

a little thought on parenting :)

I want to simply encourage those of you who have strong-willed, wild, crazy kids. Some parents think that their kids are calm and obedient because they are wonderful at parenting. Ha! We will humbly allow them to keep thinking that. But you and I, those of us who have super-determined, strong-willed kids-- we need to know this-- if our kids turn out well, we will never take credit for it because we know we have been desperate, and we are ready to give God all the glory!

One soap box I must stand on (for now)-- Do not let any book or blog (mine included) tell you how to raise your children. No one knows them like you do. No one knows your family dynamics like you do. Gleen from others, but parent your own kids. Do not be discouraged because your children will not do what the books say they should do. My kids would not sleep. They ate all the time, and they rarely obeyed the first time! Now, our stories are certainly not over yet, but my boys are growing to love God and be flexible. Yes, I love flexible!!

So gleen, gleen, my frustrated friend! But love on those babies, and snuggle them up, because mine is leaving now. He is a man, and I do not regret one single, unscheduled, precious day!!